Mar 24, 2009 4:30 PM

Power accident Av Hidalgo




Working from home can sometimes be a challenge, especially when the power disappears..

This sometimes happens here on Isla, but the power usually comes back within a few minutes..

But this friday was something different.. The power suddenly went out, and after waiting my usual minutes, I went out and tried asking if the neighbours had the same problem..

They did, but knew the reason for the powerfailure as well, when I heard, I ran and got my camera, then bolted downt to Av. Hidalgo (the main shopping street on Isla) where i saw this amazing site

They have been working like crazy to get the main street finished quickly, but this time I think they went just a little too quickly..


The workers dug away all the earth surrounding one of the big concrete power poles and the whole thing just tipped over and crashed on the ceiling on the other side..
Luckily nobody got hurt! I was told a family was standing very close to it when it fell.. Dangerous stuff!


After half an hour or so, the power came back, and they called in C.F.E (the powerpeople) to come save the day..


They had to wait for equipment from Cancun, but after a few hours, the pole was back up again, though not as upright as before..

2 Comments On "Power accident Av Hidalgo"

Dangers Says:
March 31, 2009 at 4:10 PM

Wow, at first glance I thought I was looking at Hurricane Wilma photos from a couple years back.

BTW, beautiful site about my favorite slice of the Mexican Caribbean, Isla Mujeres, I've been visiting for over twenty years and continue to do so.

Looking forward to future stories on your blog!

Blogger Says:
April 5, 2017 at 3:43 PM

Just got my cheque for $500.

Many times people don't believe me when I tell them about how much you can earn filling out paid surveys online...

So I took a video of myself getting paid over $500 for doing paid surveys.

Meet fellow travellers & Islanders!

IslaLife is proud to host a new social network for Isla Mujeres, it`s residents and visitors alike!
Check out http://islamujeres.ning.com/ for our own social Network!
Maybe you can find a travel partner?
IslaLife - Your guide to the Caribbean at Blogged

Be a co-writer on IslaLife?

We are looking for someone who wants to write a little bit about how life on Isla Mujeres is, even if you are just visiting the Island, it would be nice to hear your experiences, your joys and troubles... what makes Isla Mujeres a place you want to go to?
As long as you can write in English, you are more than welcome to join this project of telling the world about Isla Mujeres!
Please send us an email
info
@
islalife.com
if you`re interested!

What should we write more about?

Blogger Templates
 
Mexico Blog Directory